Monday, August 31, 2015

Creating School Supplies with Graphic Design




Following Instructions

In this project we learned how to follow directions properly and add our own creative twist to ordinary objects. I loved being able to create a brand new item on my own because I like messing around with the program and seeing the outcome. Creating the pencil and can was simple, so I created an entirely new pencil following some of the guidelines I used on the previous one.

Creating a New Pencil

Instead of going along with the regular design of my other pencil, I decided to make mine mechanical. I wasn't really sure what I was doing at first, but then I came up with a good color scheme and design. They were longer, thinner, and I paid more attention to the led.

Designing a Backpack

For the completely different item, I created a backpack. I wanted the design to look sleek, so I decided to go with a white outline instead of a black outline. I compared the design to Jansport backpacks. I also added my initials. Overall, this project was simple and made me feel like I had a lot of creative freedom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment