Thursday, November 6, 2014

6 Shot Sequence





   There are six shots I used in my project to make this sequence. I will explain these shots. A mid shot is filmed from the waist up, so the video is cropped from the head to the hip. A wide shot is filmed from head to toe, but no more than that. You do not want to set the entire scene until you use the extra wide shot, which should show your subject in a much wider view where all of your questions are answered about where they are. a close up should be of the face only, and the face should be making a certain reaction or depicting a mood. The extra close up should be of the hands in motion. An over the shoulder shot should be directly over the shoulder to where you can see in front of the subject.
   Over the course of filming I learned to be prepared for filming and to know what to film BEFORE recording. On my first day of filming, I had to go outside, but I was not prepared for the weather or how far away we were filming. I could not focus on the video and often held the tripod in my arms when filming, which allowed shakiness. Two days later, I re-filmed in a different location and got much better results because I knew what I was doing and I was prepared. On the next project, I plan to be better at planning out my video and be more familiar with the shots I am using.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment